Pregnant women may be safely and beneficially treated with acupuncture under the care of a properly trained and licensed acupuncturist.
Say “Hi” Inside!
Based upon Taoist meditation practices, the Inner Smile Meditation can have profound effects on your body and mind. This simple meditation suggests that you “smile” to all of your internal organs and glands. It is a way of saying “thank you” to your body for working 24 hours , 7 days a week!
Below is the Inner Smile Meditation for the main Meridian Organ Systems. For more information, please refer to Mantak Chia’s book, Taoist Ways to Transform Stress into Vitality.
Choose a quiet spot and keep warm throughout the meditation. Sit comfortably at the edge of a chair, feet flat on the ground with your back straight. Breathe deeply and relax. Clasp your hands together, left hand on bottom and right hand on top, palms touching, and rest them in your lap.
Close your eyes and feel a connection between the soles of your feet and the ground. Focus on the midpoint between your eyebrows. Place the tip of your tongue on the roof of your mouth, just behind your front teeth. Put a smile on your face and journey down to the wonderfully amazing body that keeps you alive, alert and active.
- Heart – See your heart as a vibrant red color. Focus the energy of “joy” into your heart. Feel it pulse with love. Breathe in and exhale with the sound of HAW.
- Lungs – Radiate the feeling in your heart to your lungs. Picture your lungs as pure white. Focus on letting go of sadness and grief. Exhale with the sound of SSSSSS.
- Liver – Keep the feeling spilling over into your liver, which is just under your ribs on the right side. Picture it as a vibrant grass-green. When exhaling, let go of anger and frustration with the sound of SHHHH.
- Spleen – Continue to the left, under the ribs. Shine a vibrantyellow color into this organ. When you exhale, let go of overthinking and worry, and use the sound of WHOO.
- Kidney – Focus your attention on your lower back, just below and under your ribs. Imagine a deep blue-purple light. Breathe in courage and exhale fear. When you exhale, use the sound of WOOO.
Once you have traveled through your body, begin to focus your attention on your navel. Smile down to your navel, and focus your attention there.
Mentally move the energy in a spiral at the navel 36 times. Women start the spiral counterclockwise, men start it clockwise. Next, reverse the spiral direction and bring the energy back into the navel, circling 24 times. You can use a finger to guide the spiral motion.
It is ok if you don’t know the exact locations of your organs. Just bringing awareness to your organs is benefit enough. Your body will love you just the same.
Perform each exercise 9 times, twice a day. These exercises can affect your body and mind, so it is advisable to consult with your healthcare provider.
According to WHO (World Health Organization) acupuncture is effective for treating many conditions, while evidence indicates it may have an effective therapeutic value for many more.
Chinese Medicine herbal formulas can be used to treat bone spurs/bone density
After 1 year on the formula “Osteo 8” most patients gain 1 to 2 points on their bone density scans.
Using the formula “Flex (Spur)” can eliminate bone spurs without surgery.
Thank you to everyone who came to our 2015 Anniversary Open House!
Congratulations to our winners:
- Weekly Homestead Organics CSA box ($450 value) provided by Montana Family Acupuncture – Carolynn Pease
- $10 weekly gift certificate for 15 weeks ($150 value) provided by Homestead Organics – Christina Limbaugh
- Homestead Organics farm box provided by Homestead Organics – Dave Schultz
- 2 tickets to Singin’ In The Rain from Hamilton Players Inc – Rita Vieyra
- 2 tickets to Singin’ In The Rain from Hamilton Players Inc – Mariah Eagle
- Pasty meal for 2 from Mineshaft Pasty Co – Saira Arnold
- $10 gift certificate to Moose Creek BBQ – Nick Thomas
- One Plus One book from Chapter One Book Store – Nathan Patton
The winner of the Kindle Fire HD7 has been sent an email notification and has 15 days to claim their prize – check your email and make sure email from MontanaFamilyAcupuncture.com can get through to your inbox because our winner could be YOU!
If you missed our contest and our open house celebration and would like to make sure you don’t miss any more of our fun or specials, you can receive our email announcements by subscribing here:
Join us to celebrate our one year anniversary at Montana Family Acupuncture!
Montana Family Acupuncture has had our doors open for a year! We will be having our anniversary open house on Saturday, June 13th from 10 am to 2 pm. Join us for games, food, fun, and a chance to win some exciting door prizes!
The event will be held at our office at 210 State Street, Hamilton, MT.
If you would like to volunteer to help out at this event, please sign up at the office. Volunteers will be receiving $10 off of their next visit.
Thank you to those who have provided door prizes:
Homestead Organics http://www.homegrownmontana.org/homestead.html
Mineshaft Pasty Co.
Hamilton Players Club
Chapter One Bookstore
Moose Creek BBQ